Pet you ready if your pet needs medical attention or even something as simple as yearly checkups and vaccines? How about maintenance medications, flea, and tick prevention?
Veterinary care can be expensive. So, check into the average cost of vet bills, well visits and sick visits, and even surgical and overnight stays. These findings may help you decide if pet insurance is right for you.
Another hint: Some employers offer Pet Insurance at lower costs and may even allow it pre-taxed.
As always, check with your veterinarian for suggestions for the best insurance plan in your area.
PetPlan– Follow the link below to find out more about what they offer, pricing, and where it is available or
Cost of pet insurance for puppies, dogs, kittens, cats, other furry friends.
- Costs and coverages may vary depending on breed. For example, Bulldogs may have a higher plan cost due to their skin, ears, and tail issues, as well as issues with surgical procedures and their airway.
- The age of your pet and where you love may also factor in the cost of the plan.
Below are some companies that you wouldn’t expect to carry Pet Insurance: Check them out!!
USAA Pet Insurance– For free estimates, you can follow the following link:
- Coverage Plans: USAA allows you to choose deductible and reimbursement options that will fit your needs as well as your budget
- USAA is accepted everywhere, even overseas. Check out the site to see more details.
- Most plans require a payment upfront with a full refund. See the site for details.
You can find answers to frequently asked questions on the USAA Pet Insurance website:
“*Is there an age limit on insuring a dog or cat? *Are there any breed restrictions? *How does the claims process work, and what’s the turnaround time? *Is there a waiting period after I get a pet insurance policy? *Are breed-specific, genetic and congenital conditions covered?
*Is cancer covered? *Are veterinarian exam fees covered?
*Is routine care covered? *Are medications covered? If so, is it the same as any other type of coverage (up to 90%)?
*What’s not covered?*What’s a preexisting condition?”
(USAA Pet Insurance, 2020)
“Don’t forget the member discount.
As a USAA member, you qualify for up to 15% off your policy. If you have multiple pets or are current or former active duty military, you may get extra savings for a maximum discount of 25%.
“USAA for Pets original website” above
“Copyright © 2020 USAA”.
(Nationwide Pet Insurance, 2020)
1-888-899-4874 or https://www.petinsurance.com/
GEICO PET INSURANCE
FOR A MORE EXTENSIVE LIST OF PET INSURANCE COMPANIES, CHECK THE LINL BELOW:
But always check with your vet to see which insurance they accept, and it would be a good idea to check with friends and family to see who they use. Another good idea is to check with the BBB if you have any doubts.